Community Living Caregiver
Full time, Part time
Kaleidoscope, Inc, a younger adult day health center facility, is now seeking Caregivers who are patient, motivated, trustworthy, compassionate, positive and dependable to join our team. There are full-time or part-time positions available. We offer benefits for full-time employees.
We are an agency providing support to adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities under Medicaid through the Michelle P and Supports for Community Living waivers.
As part of the Community Living Supports (CLS) staff you will provide support for a special needs younger adult, which will facilitate their independence and promote community integration.
You will be required to complete orientation at the Center (i.e. Personnel Policies, Benefits, Time Sheets, etc.) as well as, any specialized training/orientation and continuing education directly related to your job duties.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in planning and implementing activities for specialized population preferred.
• Must have a driver's license.
• Must have a vehicle, as you will provide transportation service for appointments, grocery, and pharmacy shopping.
• Must have current auto insurance.
• Must have a clean background and drug screenings.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Must have current first aid certification.
• Must have current TB certificate.
• Support and assist an individual on a one-on-one basis.
• Implement activities and keep the individual engaged throughout the approved time frame. These activities are to be documented in detail on a weekly activity sheet and turned into the Director of Remote
services each week.
• Provide assistance with activities such as meal preparation; laundry; routine household care and maintenance; activities of daily living such as bathing, eating, dressing, personal hygiene, shopping, money management, reminding, observing and or monitoring of medications and non-medical care not requiring a nurse or physician intervention; socialization; relationship building; leisure choices; and participation in community activities.
• Complete documentation by a time and attendance record which shall include the date of service, beginning and ending time, signature, date of signature, and title of the individual providing the service.
• Complete a detailed monthly summary note which shall include the month, day and year of the time period each note covers, progression, regression, and maintenance toward outcomes identified in the plan
• Assure the participant’s rights as according to Kaleidoscope, Inc.’s policies are strictly enforced.
• Communicate with supervisor on updates, insights, suggestions and questions regarding participant.
• Attend and pass a Medication Administration class, monitor and administer medications for CLS participant as needed in accordance to the Doctor’s orders.
• Be familiar with Kaleidoscope, Inc.’s policies as well as its mission statement and its meaning.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
If you have a strong work ethic and the ability to teach others and provide individualized supports to adults with developmental and intellectual needs, we would love for you to apply. We love our participants and know you will too!
Apply in person or via e-mail. See apply buttons.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.